Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MISPLACED AFFECTION?

Today I spent my lunch hour with women who talked incessantly about reality TV–Kimora Lee Simmons, John and Katie’s Eight (huh?), Super Sweet 16, and the list goes on. At first I thought I was bothered by the conversation because I don’t watch much TV and therefore could not participate (that habit of mine often places me out of the pop-culture loop), but I realized that my boredom, irritation and sadness comes from a much deeper place: WE DON’T LOVE OUR OWN LIVES…

I really am deeply troubled by our collective need to escape from our own reality by watching (well-edited) snapshots of other people’s lives. Many thanks to all of you who create and maintain blogs that make myriad attempts to redirect our focus to something that has real meaning and value–our SELVES!


Infinite Blessings.

~Ramona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona,

Misplaced affection indeed. There's something about the medium of television that can turn folks into a trance. What gives? Snap out of it people!!!!